Key facts: Voltage Optimisation for homeowners
In line with CE and EU regulations, most of the UK’s electrical equipment is optimised to work at 220-230v. For historic reasons our electricity is supplied at an average of 242v but could be as high as 253v. It is a little known fact that the more voltage you apply to an appliance the more energy it consumes – costing you more and shortening the life of the device.
By matching your voltage supply to piece of equipment it is possible to make a substantial energy saving and prolong the life of appliances. Most electronic equipment currently consumes more electricity than it needs to….
- Typically reduces your electricity consumption by 12%.
- Expected payback time 5-7 years.
- Works well with Solar PV, wind turbines and heat pumps – some solar PV systems are cutting out because of the high incoming voltage and the system owner doesn’t know about it….
- Prolongs the life of your electronic equipment: AAA rated appliances are rated at 220V, rather than 240V. They won’t behave as AAA rated at 240V, but that may not be clear when you buy the appliance.
- Typical savings by appliance:
- fluorescent lights 20%;
- hairdryer 19%;
- vacuum cleaner 18%;
- microwave 16%;
- fridge/freezer 10%;
- patio heater 15%;
- washing machine 7%;
- dishwasher 5%.
We install the Eco-Max system for several reasons:
- As always, engineering excellence is at the top of the list. Eco-max engineers installed the first voltage optimisation system for British Steel in 2002, and have been perfecting their technology ever since.
- Next comes customer service – the system has a 5 year no quibble guarantee, backed by first class customer service. Customers range from individual homeowners all the way to the big supermarkets.
- UK made in Sheffield using durable, quality components.
- Three settings for maximum control, depending on incoming voltage and load profile.
- Fitted in a morning – works instantly.
- No maintenance.
- 5 year manufacturer’s warranty, expected life 20-30 years.
Call us on 0118 951 4490 for more information or request a quote online.