The government Office for Zero Emission Vehicles is offering a non-repayable Workplace Charging Scheme grant of up to £14,000 towards the cost of installing EV chargepoints.
- Businesses, charities and local authorities which can declare a need for electric vehicle charging or an intent to encourage uptake of electric vehicles among their staff or company fleet.
- They must be located in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- The scheme will pay for 75% of the installation and chargepoint costs, up to £350 per socket installed, up to 40 sockets per business.
- The scheme is designed for off-street parking with chargers for the use of employees or staff fleet.
- It is not designed for commercial car parks, public parking or for retail outlets or hotels with guest parking.
- The charging sockets must be installed by an OZEV approved installer such as Spirit (listed as Spirit Solar Ltd on the approved installer list).
Claiming the grant
- The scheme is a voucher based scheme. You apply to the scheme administrator (the DVLA).
- If eligibility checks are successful, you will be issued with a unique identification voucher code via email, which can then be given to your OZEV-authorised WCS installer (including Spirit).
- The voucher will be valid for four months (120 days) from the date of issue, (expiry date printed on the voucher).
- Once the chargepoint(s) have been installed, the authorised installer will claim the grant from OZEV on your behalf by submitting a claim form via OZEV’s portal.
- A voucher can only be redeemed by installers who have been authorised by OZEV for the WCS and have approval from a chargepoint manufacturer to install their chargepoint models which are approved by OZEV. They must be authorised before they begin installing chargepoints. The chargepoint installation must be completed and the voucher claimed within the four month period. Claims against expired vouchers will not be paid.
See more information on the government website.
If you would like a quotation or more information, please get in touch on 0118 951 4490.