The UK government currently offers consumers a 75% contribution to the cost.
What does a charge point include?
The list of inclusions depends on the charger (see table), but here are the main components:
- Built in Type A RCBO (overload and fault protection).
- Built in IEC 61851-1 communication unit.
- Built in electrical contactor.
- Tethered charging lead or charging socket (you choose).
- LED status indicator.
- Automatic data management system (if included with charger).
What does a standard installation include?
Prior to installation, we will visit site to provide a fixed price for the installation. We install our chargepoints to according to the IET code of practise and do not cut corners for the sake of cost.
A typical OLEV subsidised installation will cost the homeowner £400 inc VAT which would include the following:
- the chosen chargepoint;
- a 10m cable run from charge point to the consumer unit;
- an RCD protected way on the consumer unit, for connection of the charge point circuit;
- surface mounting of cable – i.e no conduit or chasing;
- the chargepoint must be fixed to the main property and able to utilise the property’s earthing arrangement;
- property's earthing arrangement must meet current regulations – we are required to check this by law (upgrades will usually cost extra);
- no ground works;
- the homeowner must comply with all current OLEV Domestic Scheme Ts & Cs;
- price applies within our installation area.
What would cause the price to vary?
The price for charge point installation will vary if the above criteria are not met. We charge the additional work at cost.
- cable runs exceeding 10 metres.
- a mini consumer unit c/w overload and fault current protection is required, as there is not sufficient space on the existing board;
- any additional mechanical protection required for the cabling, ie trunking, conduit, etc( not required under regulations);
- any cable chasing requested by the homeowner;
- any ground works requested by the homeowner;
- the necessity to introduce an alternative earthing system, ie an electrode/inspection chamber;
- the necessity to install a high gain antenna in the case of poor GPRS signal.
How do I get an accurate idea of price?
Contact us at Spirit on 0118 951 4490, email firstname.lastname@example.org or request a quote:
We would be happy to arrange a survey of your property, or can give you advice on the chargers that we offer.